Dr Peter Olausson
Peter started his career as a cognitive neuroscientist at Yale University. In 2007 he created his first company, and now he is focusing on using scientific approaches to help companies move beyond the issues of today and to capture the potential of tomorrow. Prior to founding COGNITUUM Peter was the founder of IncSphere - a merchant bank that invests in cross-border expansion. In addition, Peter was a Managing Partner with Impulsa, helping companies transform and grow. More recently, Peter co-founded IDIQIO and Intelligent Ideation Inc.
Steve comes from a background in software engineering the business intelligence and capital markets industry. He has over fifteen years of experience developing financial trading systems on multiple platforms. His career includes application engineering and execution, scale up, and operations at leading banks and hedge funds including UBS, SAC Capital, Highbridge Capital Advisors, and Market Vision. Steve received his Bachelor of Science from University of Pennsylvania, and is an avid triathlete and triathlon coach, and has explored the world on cycling and climbing tours of Everest, Kilimanjaro, Tour de France summits, and other destinations as a guide and participant.
Sevak is a physicist, electrical engineer, information security analyst, and software developer who has developed the next-generation cognitive computing approach to machine intelligence. He studied at SUNY Stony Brook and worked at Brookhaven National Labs under a grant from NASA. His work in quantum telecommunication was awarded a prestigious prize. Prior to founding COGNITUUM he served as an information security analyst at the elite incident response team for the Federal Reserve Bank System.
[Chairman of the Advisory Board]
David serves as our Chairman of the Advisory Board. He has over forty years experience in information technology, primarily in enterprise and mission critical applications design and development. Early experience included the design of natural language processing systems, knowledge bases, very large databases, and complex analytics. In recent years he was the architect of a large scale robotic system. Over the years, David has worked with many startups, venture capital firms, and international software firms to define and bring to market new technologies. He has been an independent industry analyst specializing in the database, business intelligence, application integration, and business process management markets.
Our team consists of an interdisciplinary group of strategists, scientists, engineers, and designers. We seek out brilliant and curious minds both in our team and the companies we work with. We are driven by the possibilities of the future, where humans and technology together uncover improvements and opportunities that await those ready and strong enough to pursue them.
We are always looking for outstanding individuals to join our community, and we welcome you to contact us for information on current openings. We are devoted to giving prospective colleagues and interns a great start and the information you need. Contact us to learn more about how to become part of our ecosphere.
You are a hard working professional that understands how to provide a top quality analysis of complex data. You are capable of working on your own and with others. You enjoy building solutions from scratch and growing your team to help continue your products. You’re always thinking a few steps ahead and are comfortable with the challenges, and rewards of working at the cutting edge of data science.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will provide well-thought out solutions for our Platform-as-a- Service. You will be architecting and testing solutions. You will help to develop and deploy eye- catching and superior web-based, client/server, mobile or data system applications. As an early employee in our company, your role may progress to building out and managing a web development team.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without current or future need for a visa sponsorship.
- Minimum 4 years experience architecting and building Web applications or server based applications using Linux and Apache.
- Experience with Python Flask, Angular, Node
- Experience with one or more of the following APIs: Digital Ocean, Stormpath, Stripe
- Recent experience using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AJAX, JSON, and Bootstrap to improve the user's experience when using your application.
- Database development experience (MongoDB, SQL).
- Experience developing RESTful web services.
- Must have a solid understanding of software engineering principles and Agile software development methodologies.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently or within a team.
- Must have a desire and drive to learn new technologies, and to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual.
- Must have a passion for creating and delivering software that is both high quality and highly innovative.
- Must have excellent programming, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines.
- Must be able to understand and appropriately respond to client needs.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
As a Design Intern, you will apply digital design to marketing campaigns, create graphics and design layouts for websites, marketing campaigns, print ads, flyers, email newsletters
You will work in a professional environment and have considerable opportunity to work and network with the company leaders and other creative professionals. Of course, we offer potential employment opportunities for exceptional interns.
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
- Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and jQuery is a plus, but not required